40,000 people throughout Ireland access Carmichael Centre services and supports annually.
Board Roles & Responsibilities
Diarmaid O Corrbui, Carmichel Centre CEO, has extensive experience in training and supporting a wide range of boards and committees. He is a member of the Governance Code Working Group and has direct experience of serving on community and voluntary boards.
Patrick Downes is Managing Partner of Lionheart Consultants. He has over 25 years experience operating at the nexus of the Public, Private & Not For Profit sectors. He joined Lionheart from Bord na Mona plc where he was Director of Regulatory Affairs. Prior to that he was Chief Executive of The Baxi Group of companies in Ireland. Patrick has sat on a number of commercial and charity boards and has considerable experience across the regulatory and corporate governance landscape. He has previously served as Chairman of the Corporate Governance Association and on a number of other boards. He is a Trustee of the Royal Dublin Society and sits on the Alumni Board of NUIG. He is a graduate of UCG, and holds various postgraduate qualifications from UCD, Boston College, Harvard Business School and the IMI.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
· Identify their own expectations of and motivation for board membership
· Describe the purpose of their board and its responsibilities
· Identify the different roles of board members
· Identify good practice in operating as a board
· Understand the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations and the requirements of the Charities Regulator.
Carmichael Centre Resident Members: €60
Other Community Voluntary Charity Organisations and Members of CGAI: €70
Statutory/Corporate Organisations: €80
Book Online Only.